Creating a good first impression can pay off in the long run. That’s why you have to do everything right to ensure your customers feel at home even from the first time they land on your homepage.
- According to web design statistics, 94% of first impressions are design-related.
- 42% of consumers base their opinion of a company on website design alone.
- 52% of online shoppers wouldn’t return to a website because of its overall aesthetics.
- Design statistics show 47% of users expect a web page to load in two seconds.
(Source: Behaviour & Information Technology)
What is Responsive Design?
Defining responsive web design is simple — responsive websites respond to their environment.
That means they display beautifully whether that environment is an iPhone, Android tablet, laptop, or some other device entirely. These websites look good regardless of the size of the screen or the type of device being used.
And as more and more people browse websites on the go, responsive design becomes increasingly important.
90% of people use multiple devices to visit the same website.(Source: Google)
- 73.1% of consumers will leave a site with non-responsive design.
- Web design stats show responsive websites result in better sales for 62% of companies.
- 30% of visitors won’t engage with a page if it doesn’t look good on their current device.
8 out of 10 consumers do not engage with content that doesn’t display well on their device.(Source: Ironpaper)
According to Ironpaper’s website design statistics, websites with non-responsive design are at the risk of losing 80% of their potential customers. Hubspot reports an even higher percentage for the same metric. Their research suggests that about 93% of people leave a website if it doesn’t display properly on their internet-enabled device.
That’s a big deal. If nothing else has convinced you to invest in web design, this web design fact certainly should.